Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sleepless Night... Watch out for what you write in the middle of the night.....

Hi, Everybody!

I was sitting and listening to the music I had chosen for this blog and got to laughing at myself at some of the selections.  I have taken a couple of them off because they aren't necessarily a reflection of me.  

I added a few more, too.  I hope you like some of the selections.  I have had fun picking some of these.  I haven't scratched the surface and I know, my likes may not be your likes, so change the song if it isn't one you want to listen to.  I have it on a random selection, so it won't go by the listings.  There are 30 songs there, so don't think you have to listen to the first one that comes up.

I love music!  Isn't it wonderful to share in the talents of others!

Anyhow - couldn't sleep so I decided to "blog" a little while.  I have really enjoyed browsing the different blogs each of you follow.  You know, life is great!  We have so much to be thankful for.  Each of us have something unique to say about our families and our friends.  I am truly grateful for the friends I have and especially for the family I have.  Nick and I are truly blessed.  

Nick and I were talking about our family the other night and I was getting a kick out of his descriptions of growing up.  Of course, he says he doesn't really remember very much, but I have been able to pull a few things out of those cobwebs and it has been nice learning more about the fella I married.  

I am very grateful to the Lord for being patient with me.  It took me a while to "grow up" enough to be ready to get married.  At least that's how I look at it now.  I went for quite a few years wondering if I would ever marry.  I felt at one time I had found someone and we spent a lot of time getting to know each other.  I will always treasure the lessons I learned from those years.  I still believe I would have had the world by the tail if we would have gotten married, but it just never got to that point.  I truly believe that both parties need to be ready to make the commitment and one should not force the other into something they may not be ready to commit to.  That was somewhat my situation.  I had asked the Lord about it and felt I had received my answer.  I spent years thinking that it would work out and that we would marry.  I even suggested we could "elope" to the Snowflake Temple and then tell family about it later.  Well - it just wasn't to be, I guess.  But - you know - I still love him and I always will - BUT - it is in its proper place - he is my friend and I cherish that. 

 I now have someone who is my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my sounding post, my ROCK.  I have never met someone so supportive, so understanding and so PATIENT.  He is WONDERFUL!  I pray constantly that I will be worthy of the love Nick shares with me.  I know I have been a disappointment in some categories, but I haven't heard one complaint.  That makes me love him even more.  When we said "yes" at the alter, we chose to accept each other with all of our strengths and our weaknesses.  Nick has shown me things about myself, through his kindness and support, that have made me a much stronger person.  He makes me feel that I can accomplish anything.  He loves my family.  That is probably one of the most wonderful things about him, is he really does love my Mom and Dad as if they were his own.  He loves and appreciates my brothers and sister as they were his own.  He loves their kids.  He is one of Payt's favorite uncles and that has been fun watching them together.

Well, I guess I just wanted to put these feelings down - mainly for myself.  I just am feeling more fortunate each day for making the decision to live the rest of my life with Nick.  I hope to have many years of showing him how much I truly love him.

I know that these things I write down are wide open for everyone and anyone to read.  I just want you to know that whatever I share here, comes from my heart.  Sometimes I may vent, but I don't put things in here that are meant to hurt anyone.  If I have offended anyone, please accept my apology.  I want to build - not tear down.  Please let me know if I need to make things right with you.

OK - enough!!!!  I'm going to go back to bed and try to get some sleep!  Take care!

Tawna

No comments: