Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday

Today is Sunday.  I had the opportunity to go and accompany my nieces and some of their friends in Church today.  They sang "A Child's Prayer" and did a wonderful job.  I wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not.  When I woke up this morning, I felt dizzy and nauseous and wasn't sure if I would be able to stand and play at all.  I knew I would be able to play the violin ok, but standing or getting up and down from the stand, I wasn't absolutely confident in myself.  

I knew there wasn't time to "call in sick" so I just said a little prayer and went to the meeting.  Gratefully the Lord blessed me and helped me keep my balance and my composure.  As I said, the girls did a beautiful job and it is always rewarding to be able to be a part of things like this.

I have been suffering from bronchitis.  The cough has been almost unbearable.  I don't like how this makes me feel.  I wish I would get better.  This is driving me insane!

Had another opportunity to go see my niece, Tiffany, play volleyball on Saturday.  She is so talented at this sport.  I got there late, but got to watch her and her team win the series and place themselves in a better position of winning top honors.  Volleyball has become quite the competition - they have clubs that compete with each other all around the state.  It's amazing to hear all about it.  Tiffany will be playing for Chandler-Gilbert in the fall and so she is trying to keep herself in a position where they can't be without her.  I really wish her the best in this endeavor.

It was nice being with family yesterday - even though I felt like crap - it was good to be with them.  After the day was almost done, Lilli called and told me about her day and I felt guilty that I hadn't been there to be of help for her - she had a very full day and I was nowhere to be found.  DANG ME!!! 

I have been so blessed to have the family I do.  They sure are patient with this old sister and aunt.  They are all worried that I'm going to leave them or something, so I want to say here and now - I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!  I WILL GET MY HEALTH IN CHECK!

Now - I've said it.  Now - I have to do it, don't I.  Well - I am going to do my best to regain my health as much as the Lord will allow.  I want to be able to run and play with my nieces and nephews and enjoy all of the great things in life.  I don't want to be the one that everyone worries about.  I appreciate the concern, but I am not one who does well with sympathy.  I do have my moments, though, that I want somebody to really feel sorry for me and all that, but for reals, I don't want to be known as one who needs that on a regular basis.  I have told others that I can put on some of the greatest "pity parties" around (I bring refreshments) and I can really take myself to task on my faults, but I hope I don't spill them over to have others worry about them and me.

I know this doesn't make any sense, but let's blame it on the vertigo and bronchitis - what do you think?  

I love all of you!  Thank you again for your love and friendship to me.

Ta Ta for now!

Tawna

No comments: