Thursday, November 6, 2008

Decided I need to keep up with this thing so it becomes a habit and doesn't just end up collecting dust and not getting any use.

I don't know how many of you know what I do with my days, now that I'm married and all.  Well, sometimes I still wonder what I do - nothing seems to get done - I start one thing and end up on another and I see the other hasn't been finished!  Brother!  No wonder it took me this long to find a husband!

I was going through a couple of boxes this morning and found myself reminiscing over some of the things I had kept.  Of course I keep everything so I had a lot of reminiscing to do....  Anyhow, I had a couple of pictures of some of my nephews and nieces and I had to sit and laugh at how much they have all grown up.  

I look of Shea's daughter Tiffany - wow!  18 years old, a top volleyball player and beautiful!  I can still see her standing in front of the family giving a poem about "toot, toot, peanut butter" when she was just little.  

Derek getting asked out for the dance!  My goodness!  

Jordan is class President and killed an elk with one shot!  When I would see the boys come get the guns at Grandpa's, I would think "that gun is bigger than Jordan - how can he shoot it and hit a target?!"  Boy, am I put in my place or what?

Rhett playing football and excelling in music and school.  

Aubry turning into a tall young lady with a beautiful smile.  

Brynn is growing up soooo fast.  She is quite a dancer and gymnast!  

Melanie - what can I say but "our Mel" is growing up to be quite a young lady herself.  She still goes over to Grandma's to see how Grandma is doing.  

Brooke still sings like a princess and does her share of gymnastics and dance.  It's fun to watch these girls as they are learning such things that Aunt Tawna always wanted to do, but was a little more like the hippos in "Fantasia!"

Payt - he's the one I spend a lot of time with.  I am privileged to do "RESPITE" care for Payt and I get to take him to his therapy classes.  It has been so awesome to see him progress.  He definately shows his personality and lets me know when he's happy or not.  What a wonderful time I am having with him.  I am so grateful the Lord has blessed him - we have seen many miracles happen in him, to him and with his family.

Kamy is so sweet.  I haven't had as much time to spend with her as I got married and moved away.  But, she knows who I am and we have had some nice conversations when I go up to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit.  She grows at least an inch every time I go up.  CUTE!!!!!

Any way - I sure am grateful for the "kids" the Lord has given me.  I'm grateful that they still love their crazy old aunt.  I also think about Dallas' two boys and wish I had more experiences with them.  I remember practically raising Trent at the beginning and when Dustin came into the picture, I was there to help Karma with him also.  They are both grown men and Dustin even has his own kids!  Wow!  

I pray for each of these kids of mine.  I want them to have everything I had growing up and more.  I was given a wonderful childhood by loving parents who were very unselfish and gave us kids opportunities to become who we wanted to become.

I love my family.  I cherish the memories and the times I still have with each of them.  I couldn't ask for better "kids!"

I have had the opportunity of meeting many of Nick's nephews and nieces and I have fell in love with them too.  I pray for their happiness and success.  I wish we were living closer to them so that I could get to know them better.  They have been very patient with me and I think we could all have some fun together.

Well - Nick came in and asked what I have been doing.  He saw that I was sitting crying at the computer and he wanted to know what I was sad about.  I told him that I'm quite the opposite of sad - I am one of the most blessed people in the world because I have such a wonderful family and he has doubled that for me.

Thank you everyone, for loving me and sharing yourselves with me.  I have the greatest friends ever and I hope I will be able to show each of you my love by the way I live and what I do.

Take care until next time.....

Tawna

No comments: