Sunday, November 2, 2008

First entry - November 2, 2008

Today is Sunday.  We had a wonderful Stake Conference which included just about the whole State of Arizona.  President Packer was the main speaker and we also heard from a couple of the Seventy and the first counselor in the General Primary Presidency.  They all gave good talks.  We enjoyed the morning.

This evening I was looking over my e-mails and musing about some of the stupid ones I get on a regular basis.  I have had offers for just about everything ever thought of and more.  Then I decided to look into my "Bookmarks" and see what I have saved so I can look it over again.  I happened to notice my brother and sister-in-law's blog, so I clicked in.  Yvette was talking about memories of being a kid and this time of year.  As she expressed her feelings, I too was taken back to my childhood.  

A couple of weeks ago, I called my Aunt Janet and had a fun visit with her.  We talked about so many things as we laughed and cried and remembered more.  It was so much fun.  She has a few things about me in her memories that were hilarious and as she remembered them, we laughed until our sides hurt.  I am grateful that she reminded me of some of the fun things I experienced when I was young.

Then, as I continued to read Yvette's blog, I remembered that I completely missed an important day.  Today my mother's mother, Grandma Baker, would have been 101 years old.  She had always said she wanted to live to be 104, but didn't quite make it.  She was such a wonderful influence in my life.  She had a lot of hardships growing up in Mexico and her early married years were difficult, but she weathered through and raised a good bunch of kids and was endeared by her grandchildren.  She was a beautiful quilter, a great cook, and a lot of fun.  I am grateful I had the opportunity of living with her and Grandpa for a few years and experience their love on a daily basis.  I will always love them for what they have done for me and I felt a little sad that I had almost missed this special day of celebration.  Probably on this blog, I will fill in more about my family as time goes by.  If anyone out there has anything to add, please, please, please do.

I will try to get pictures up on here so we can be caught up with everyone.  I'll have to find the transfer cable for my camera so that I can do that.

This last week, Lilli and I went to Payson to watch niece Tiffany play volleyball.  What a thrilling experience.  They did not cease to entertain us with balls that rolled along the net, nearly hitting the floor with dives to hit the ball back into play, stuffing the ball down the throat of the opposing team, etc.  It was a lot of fun to watch.  Tiffany is very talented in this sport.  It's hard to see her growing up so fast.  Here she is 18 already and getting ready to graduate from High School this year.

Each of my nieces and nephews are very special to me.  It has been fun watching them all grow up and making me feel like I'm their "favorite Aunt."  I hope I never let them down on that.

I have been hoping to catch up on my new nieces and nephews I gained when I married Nick.  Unfortunately none of them live close enough to get to know personally, but I hope they will want to write and e-mail so we can get to know each other.  (Hint, Hint!)

Nick and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now and it has been wonderful!  I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly.  I have to laugh though, we sure have become the "old married couple."  We know how each will react to certain things and know when we've stepped over the line without having to be reminded, etc.  But, it has been fun getting to know each other and making plans for things.  I'm glad I waited for Nick.  He is a great man and I am so grateful he still loves me.......

Well - this is a start.  Let's see if Tawna can keep up with things and information that is worthy to share with all who are interested.  Let me know if you want to hear about anything or want to share your thoughts about things.  It would be lots of fun.

Talk at you later,

Tawna

2 comments:

Joan Solomon said...

Way to go Tawna! I am glad I have another fun blog to read. Thanks for telling me about it. You are the best!!

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Good Job Tawna!! You are a wonderful talented person! Hope you and Nick are doing good. I love you both.