Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's done!

Well - It's Done!  We have the first black to be elected president.  I don't mind that, it's just what he stands for.  What does he stand for?  He has glossed over so many things that it frightens me that he will not be accountable to us while he is president.  We are definately heading for 4 years of "it's above my pay grade" on many subjects and then the promises to bankrupt the coal industry, to cripple our military, to blur the lines on what our country stands for......  All I can say is "Heaven help us" and pray that we will all be strong enough to make it through.

I see that my brother, Shea got the most votes for School Board.  Go Get 'Em Shea!!!!  Also that the bond passed.  We do need to address the classroom situation for sure.

I feel badly that Cameron Peterson lost out.  That is very unfortunate for Navajo County.  I think Cameron would have made a pretty decent Sheriff.

Sylvia Allen won - I'm glad.  She has worked hard to get where she is and I hope she actually can make a difference.

I see Jack Brown lost out this time around.  It's too bad he was so naughty last election (actually it was the Democratic Party that was the worst) and there are those that remembered.

I'm so glad we were able to pass 102.  (Just to have Obama through it out later.)  I also noticed that California won theirs!!!!!  Finally, Californians stood up for themselves and beat the devil down!

Anyhow - so much for the rehashing.  I really am saddened by the fact that we will be facing a lot of "crap" for the next few years.  I'm afraid of what he will do that will affect us in the years to come - long after he is out.  Oh well - I guess I just have to get my own life in order so that Nick and I can "kesta" (last, in Finish) through.

All of you that read this - I hope I haven't offended anyone.  There is one thing though that I do want to say.....  I am so grateful for having the Gospel in my life.  For the understanding it brings to me and helps me make it through tough times.  I know Jesus Christ lives and He is very mindful of what is going on.  Because I can see the "whole picture," I am confident that things will all work out in our lives if we will put Him first.  We have a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson, who will guide us.  We have Twelve Apostles who love the Lord and will help us in our spiritual journey.  We have so much to be grateful for that something like this should be taken into stride and not throw us.  We will prevail.  I have confidence in that.

Hey - gotta go for now.  Love you all!  Thanks for stopping in and spending a minute with me and my rambling.

Take care!

Tawna

3 comments:

Tawna said...

Hey - pardon my spelling! I forgot to read through it to make changes. OOOOOPPPPSSSSS!

patsy said...

Amen to the end. The fight has just begun. We've got to do more or lose all our freedoms.

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Hey Tawna, Tiff, Shea and I are sitting here reading blogs, I love reading what you say, you have a great talent! HMMMM I wonder where you got that! Anyway we love you have a good one.