Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello, everyone!

I don't know how many of you actually look at this, but I'll keep it up just in case I have something that might be of interest.

I had a fun and unique night last night.  I had been asked to help an elderly couple with a "family home-evening" group.  They wanted me to come up with music to go along with a reading that would be done.  I thought it would be interesting and these people are wonderful and if I could help them, I would be more than happy to do it.

Well, the reading was about Abraham Lincoln.  Lyle had pulled together quotes and items about Lincoln that he had collected through the years and he wanted to have authentic music included with the presentation.  

That's where the fun really began.  I went online and looked for anything "Abraham Lincoln."  Well - any of you that have ever done searches knows that you can come up with just about everything - some good - some bad.  Well, I ran into a few sights that I was glad I didn't need to spend any time with..... But I also found some great places to visit when it came to music.  Anyhow, I found a site that had Lincoln's favorite music mentioned.  So - I started looking for sheet music for these songs.  Then I took those pieces and plugged them into the script and we performed it last night.  There were about 30 people there, Catherine Caldwell sang "Amazing Grace" and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and was the narrator, then Lyle (I can't remember his last name - sorry) read the other parts.

It was really a good evening - supper was provided also - YUMMMMMM!

----------------------

Tomorrow I am flying up to Seattle with a dear friend of mine.  She hasn't seen her mother in years and now she has the opportunity to do so and she asked me if I would come along.  I had told her a long time ago that I would and now that she actually has us booked, I can't back out.  I feel somewhat like a fish out of water already, as she has, through the years, told me about her mom and sister.  They sound pretty interesting and I know this will be difficult for her.  There are some things that will have to be confronted and I hope that because I'm there, She will be able to handle everything OK.

She is planning on taking me over to the Wharf and showing me the places she grew up around.  I am looking forward to that part.  I just hope that I don't cause any problems with my being up there with her.  I want this to be a wonderful reunion.  Oh, yeah - I get to have an early Thanksgiving dinner on Friday - LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!!!!!

So - I'll try to get some pictures and send them when I get home.

Love you all - thank you for everything you do for me.  Just knowing that I have loving friends and family around me, makes me happy.  You are all the GREATEST!

Now - quit wasting time on this and get busy with things that are much more important!!!!!

Love you,

Tawna

No comments: