Friday, November 7, 2008

Hello faithful family and friends!

As I said earlier, I'm trying to keep this up so that it becomes a habit and it doesn't just get left behind like so many other projects I get into.

Wow!  Wow!  Wow! I find it so interesting how Satan loves to keep things stirred up.  Here is a section of an e-mail that was sent to me by a friend of mine.  California is at it again.  (I hope this pastes in ok - if it doesn't, let me know if you want to read the whole thing and I'll e-mail it to you.

Here goes:

Anyhow, it talks about protesters at the LA temple.

It is just amazing to me how people have gotten their heads screwed on either the wrong way or too tight.  They just can't see the right way even when they are pointed toward it and shown specifically where it goes.  Amazing!

The article even goes into blogs that are being attacked and used.

Where is it going to stop?  It won't.  Satan is so determined to try to harass us, try to get us off balance, to start feeling sorry for those that sin, to get us to "see the error of our ways and our beliefs," to prove to us that the Church is wrong in its treatment of homosexuals.  By the way, I am offended when these people use the word "gay" to describe the fact that they are homosexuals.  "Gay" is a wonderful word for meaning happy, light hearted, fun, etc.  How dare they tromp on such a good word!  It's like those that find it funny that I have (and all of my family and relatives) the last name of "Flake."  I have heard some pretty funny "flake" jokes, but I always remind the teller that as long as he is not talking about my family and loved ones, I can handle a few funnies.

Anyway,  I'm on my soap box for sure......  I won't get political here, but I just had to air off a little at why the world is so stupid!

Nick and I were so looking forward to going up to Prescott to watch Tiffany play volleyball.  We got a call and found we were not going to get to go.  I am so proud of Tiffany.  She has been the heart of that team and to have them experience a short state tournament breaks my heart.  This is her senior year and she is already feeling the effects of not having another year to share with her teammates and school.

Hang in there, Tiff!  You have so much going for you.  You are a lovely person - inside and out.  As long as you continue to be a friend to everyone, being careful not to go too far, but letting those around you feel you care, you will continue to be an influence for good to everyone you come into contact with.  As long as you stay close to the Lord and His Church, you will eminate the love of the Savior to those that need a little flicker to restart their flame of hope.  When a person keeps the Holy Ghost with them, others feel it - others gravitate toward it, because it makes them feel better, happier, warmer, wanted.  You have that gift and if you will continue to be the leader you are, if you will continue to be the teammate you are in the gospel, if you will continue to show love to your neighbors, you will see how happy your life is and how blessed you are.  You have the best parents and the greatest sets of Grandparents of anyone I know.  They all want you to succeed and be happy.  They will do anything to help you as you go throughout your life.  You have Uncles and Aunts that love you dearly and will always be there for you.

I love you!

To the rest of you - I love you too and look forward to talking with you later.  TaTa for now and I'll be back.

PROMISE!

Tawna


No comments: