Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seattle



Well, I'm back!

It was a fun trip.  We arrived in Seattle on Wednesday afternoon, got the car, checked into the hotel, then vegged.  My friend's mother and two of her grandchildren came over to the hotel to meet us and then we went off to dinner.  After dinner, we went back to the room and died.

Next day we met with her daughter and boyfriend and had breakfast at IHop.  Yummmyyyy!  Then we went over to her mother's home which is in Orting.  When we first arrived we met the family dog.  The dog barked at us for 2 solid hours - I am not kidding!  She didn't stop barking until "Mom" came home.  We stayed and met the other two grandkids, ate spaghetti dinner and then "roughhoused" with the kids for a couple of hours and then we left.

Next day, She took me around to the places where she grew up.  Seattle has grown a lot, she tried taking me places that were no longer available to see.  In some ways she was very disappointed.  It rained on us Thursday and Friday, but it wasn't too bad.  Friday evening we went back to "Mom's" house and had Turkey dinner with all of the trimmings!!!  It was sooooo goooood.  I'm looking forward to this week when I can have more..........

Because there were members of the family that have diabetes, the sweet stuff was sweetened with "Splenda" and let me tell you - I was impressed.  I have never had "diet" food taste so good.  I am hoping I can get the recipe for a couple of the things we had for our dinner here.

I know - you aren't really interested in a travelog, but didn't know what else to write.  I was welcomed and it was very comfortable with her family.  I had had some reservations, but they were put at ease.  

When we got to the airport in Phoenix and were about to board the plane to Seattle, I looked and saw France "Fritz" Willis standing at the desk.  I looked twice just to make sure.  It was him alright.  He was going up to Seattle for Francine's daughter's wedding.  Talk about small world.  It was fun running into him.  When we got to Seattle, we saw Francine and visited for a little bit and then we parted company.  Sure hope all went well with Fritz.  He was traveling alone because his wife had gotten ill just before the trip and couldn't travel.  Francine looked great - a little disheveled because of getting ready for a wedding and all - but looked good all the same.

I'm including a couple of pictures - one is the top of Mt. Rainier - couldn't get much more because of the cloud cover and the other mountain is Mt. Adams.  I would include other pictures, but I don't have permission at this point.

Love you all.  Let me know if any of this makes sense.

Tawna

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Excellent pictures Tawna!! I'm so glad you had a nice time!! We love your posts, and love hearing about you and what is going on in your life!! Hope to see you soon!

Love you!
Wendy